Research supports the view that there is no single way to bring the best out of a child. Our teachers subscribe to this philosophy and see how best to relate to each individual child. To achieve the goal of the intelligent and happy learning, our curriculum makes use of various age appropriate teaching aids, tools and processes so that:
- The child develops fluency in language and is actively involved in oral, visual and written communication.
- Unique to Indira, since the inception of our schools, is given due importance to speech and drama sessions as part of our holistically focused pedagogy.
- The child learns to share and care for others and learns to work in a team while retaining his or her individuality and skills.
- The child is groomed in a way where his creative talents are expressed freely without any inhibitions, for we believe that a child may like to draw or paint but not sing or act.
- We boost the confidence of every child to develop his individual skills without undue pressures to perform in a set pattern.
- The child learns in a play-way, concept which would otherwise be complex at that age. This is encouraged through art and craft, puppetry, puzzles, music, theatre, etc. in which a child is encouraged to be an active participant.